“My deepest desire is to connect people to their joy.”
I am a master life and creativity coach. My diverse training and background experience provide a wide array of effective strategies and tools for helping others enrich their lives and work.
I live in Denver, Colorado with my two rambunctious golden retrievers, Zydeco Ardoin and Chenrezig Hanalei Jolie (Rezi). I love the Rocky Mountains for the beauty, inspiration, and activities they offer. I love literature, theatre, music, dancing, photography and art. I love to watch clouds. Perhaps more than anything else, I love to laugh.
I am a consumate learner. I have a background in law, psychology, creativity, Buddhist studies, and meditative practice. I am fascinated by the human brain.
Thanks for visiting the Aha Life Design blog. I deeply appreciate your doing so.
Education: Dartmouth College, B.A. English Literature, 1976; University of Denver, J.D., Dual Discipline Law & Psychology, 1984
Professional: Practicing Attorney for 17 years; Nonprofit Fundraiser for 9 years; Life and Creativity Coach for 7 years
Coach Training and Credentials:
▪ Martha Beck Master Certified Life Coach (Dr. Martha Beck is the author of Finding Your Own North Star and Steering by Starlight and is a monthly columnist for O Magazine.)
▪ Certified Kaizen-Muse Master Creativity Coach (Trained by Jill Badonsky, M.Ed., a multi-media artist and author of The Nine Modern Day Muses (and a Bodyguard),and Dr. Robert Maurer, faculty member of the UCLA School of Medicine and author of One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way.)
▪ Certified Acorn Positive Psychology Coach (Trained by Robert Biswas-Diener, Ph.D., CMC. Dr. Robert Biswas-Diener, known as the Indiana Jones of positive psychology, is a teacher, coach, and author of multiple books on positive psychology topics such as strengths, happiness and courage.)
▪ Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. The method was developed to help men, women, and adolescents learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing a courage practice that transforms the way we live, love, parent, and lead. It can be facilitated in clinical, educational, and professional settings and is suitable for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders.)
▪ Positive Psychology Certificate Program (Taught by Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, teacher, consultant, and author of several books on positive psychology including international best sellers Happier and Being Happy.)
▪ Eric Maisel Trained Meaning Coach (Dr. Eric Maisel is a family therapist and author of more than 30 books and is widely regarded as one of America’s foremost creativity coaches.)
▪ Modern Day Muse Group Certified Facilitator (Trained by Jill Badonsky M.Ed.)
▪ Completion of MentorCoach Coach Training Program with a focus on positive psychology. MentorCoach Positive Psychology Master Classes: (1) “Positive Psychology” taught by Christopher Peterson, Ph.D.; (2) “Gratitude” taught by Robert Emmons, Ph.D.; (3) “Mindfulness, Acceptance, and Positive Psychology” taught by Joseph Ciarrochi, Ph.D.; “Love 2.0″ taught by Barbara L. Fredrickson, Ph.D.; Appreciative Inquiry taught by Robert Siegfried, Ph.D.
Other Coaching Related Trainings:
▪ Rising Strong™ Training taught by Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
▪ Connections™ National Training taught by Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW
▪ University of Pennsylvania LPS Commons – Foundations of Positive Psychology Program taught by Tal Ben-Sharar, Ph.D.
▪ The Foundation for Shamanic Studies – Michael Harner’s Basic Workshop: The Way of the Shaman® Shamanic Journeying, Power, and Healing taught by Amanda Foulger
▪ Shamanic Lucid Dreaming Workshops taught by Robert Moss
▪ Tibetan Buddhist Studies
You can contact Laurie at ahalifedesign @ gmail.com.
My teachers Zydeco Ardoin and Liza Jolie (12/24/01 – 05/18/13)
My Newest Teacher: Chenrezig Hanalei Jolie